IMMUNE BOOSTING :: HOME REMEDIES
I have made big batch of this syrup and keep it right on my counter. Each morning I take about 1T or more as needed. It packs a punch that is for sure. And these additional home recipes are supportive and nourishing, while allowing our immune system all the space it needs to do its work.
SUPER IMMUNITY IN A JAR :: simply combine all ingredients in a mason jar and shake up as needed before use.
- 1 C Eldeberry Syrup
- 1 C Apple Cider Vinegar
- 40 drops Oregano Oil
- 2 T Camu Camu Powder
- 1 T Astragalus
- 1 T Ashwaganda
- 1 tsp Cayenne Powder
- 1 tsp Pink Salt
FOR PREVENTION THROUGHOUT THE YEAR | AT FIRST SIGN OF COLD
- OREGANO OIL :: use 2-6 drops in water every night before bed. I love the OREGANOL brand.
AT FIRST SIGN OF COLD | EAR ACHE | SCRATCHY THROAT
- Apply warm ear oil twice a day for three days. Garlic mullein ear oil increases cervical lymphatic drainage, activates the immune system.
- I like Wally’s Ear Oil brand.
- ALSO TRY :: thinly slice 1 clove of raw garlic and place between two apple slices, eat. Repeat twice a day as needed. Potent, yes, but it works wonders!
- Blanche 5-6 garlic cloves in a cup of water (boil water and when it reaches a rolling boil, add the garlic for 1-2 minutes).
- You can inhale the vapors or remove the garlic and brew tea with the water.
- FOODS TO ADD IN TO YOUR DAILY DIET :: consume garlic, onions, and hot peppers regularly.
- CHAMOMILE TEA COMPRESSES :: brew 4 chamomile tea bags in 2 cups of hot water in a bowl.
- Once tea is brewed, transfer 2 bags and 1 cup of the tea to another bowl and add ice cubes to make it cold.
- Alternate hot compresses and cold compresses directly on the sinuses for 5 minutes at a time.
- Do at least 2 rounds.
- Massage sinuses between rounds.
- FOODS TO ADD IN TO YOUR DAILY DIET :: Turmeric, cayenne pepper, and raw, local honey.
- ALSO TRY | PEPPERMINT OIL :: rub on sinus points and below the nose
*** HELPFUL TIP | Sip plain hot water every 10-15 minutes for 1-3 days. Plain hot water will hydrate the mucus membranes and dilate and flush toxins. Carry a thermos with you to stay hydrated.***
HEAVY CHEST CONGESTION | COUGH
- RAW HONEY + ONION SYRUP :: take one medium-large firm onion; peel it and cut into big chunks.
- Put in a bowl and coat with raw, local, runny honey (you may need to warm the honey).
- Cover the bowl with saran wrap and leave on the counter for 6-8 hours.
- Toss the onion chunks and drain into a glass jar
- Take 2 T as needed.
- Refrigerate after use. Keeps up to one week.
- ***Massage can be particularly helpful during this time to break up congestion***