HOME REMEDIES | FLU + COLD FREE
These recipes are supportive and nourishing, while allowing our immune system all the space it needs to do its work.
IMMUNITY HOME REMEDIES
FOR PREVENTION THROUGHOUT THE YEAR | AT FIRST SIGN OF COLD
- OREGANO OIL | Use 2-6 drops in water every night before bed.
- I love the OREGANOL brand.
AT FIRST SIGN OF COLD | EAR ACHE | SCRATCHY THROAT
- Apply warm ear oil twice a day for three days. Garlic + Mullein ear oil increases cervical lymphatic drainage, activates the immune system.
- I like Wally’s Ear Oil brand.
- ALSO TRY | Thinly slice 1 clove of raw garlic and place between two apple slices, eat. Repeat twice a day as needed. Potent, yes, but it works wonders!
- Blanche 5-6 garlic cloves in a cup of water (boil water and when it reaches a rolling boil, add the garlic for 1-2 minutes).
- You can inhale the vapors or remove the garlic and brew tea with the water.
- FOODS TO ADD IN TO YOUR DAILY DIET | Consume garlic, onions, and hot peppers regularly.
- CHAMOMILE TEA COMPRESSES | Brew 4 chamomile tea bags in 2 cups of hot water in a bowl.
- Once tea is brewed, transfer 2 bags and 1 cup of the tea to another bowl and add ice cubes to make it cold.
- Alternate hot compresses and cold compresses directly on the sinuses for 5 minutes at a time.
- Do at least 2 rounds.
- Massage sinuses between rounds.
- FOODS TO ADD IN TO YOUR DAILY DIET | Turmeric, cayenne pepper, and raw, local honey.
- ALSO TRY | PEPPERMINT OIL | rub on sinus points and below the nose
HEAVY CHEST CONGESTION | COUGH
- RAW HONEY + ONION SYRUP | take one medium-large firm onion; peel it and cut into big chunks.
- Put in a bowl and coat with raw, local, runny honey (you may need to warm the honey).
- Cover the bowl with saran wrap and leave on the counter for 6-8 hours.
- Toss the onion chunks and drain into a glass jar
- Take 2 T as needed.
- Refrigerate after use. Keeps up to one week.
- ***Massage can be particularly helpful during this time to break up congestion***
*** HELPFUL TIP | Sip plain hot water every 10-15 minutes for 1-3 days. Plain hot water will hydrate the mucus membranes and dilate and flush toxins. Carry a thermos with you to stay hydrated.***