TURMERIC, TURKEY + KALE STEW with Bone Broth Base
I enjoy leftovers almost better than the actual meal. And holiday season is a perfect time to use the remaining bones from celebratory meals to make up a super healing bone broth. I love using bone broth in every soup, stew, and chili recipe to ensure that I am continuing my journey to full gut health, one of the keys to a vibrantly healed body. This recipe is both gluten and dairy free and also packed with nutrient dense vegetables and the anti-inflammatory powerhouse Turmeric.
**This also freezes well, so eat up what you want, save a bowl for next couple of days, and freeze some for later.
- 4 C Bone Broth
- 2 cans White Beans (Eden Organics makes BPA-free cans)
- 2 small cans diced Green Chiles (I like mild)
- 2 small Onions - chopped
- 4 cloves Garlic - chopped
- 2 chopped Carrots
- 1-2 C Water
- 2T Turmeric
- 1/2 T Cumin
- 2 tsp Pink Salt
- 2 C chopped Kale
- 2 large Organic Turkey Breasts (cooked + shredded)
- 1-2 T Extra-Virgin Olive Oil for sautéing
- Sauté onions until translucent (I personally like to caramelize them for more flavor) in about 2 T of olive oil
- Add garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add broth, water, beans, carrots, chilies, cumin, salt, shredded turkey.
- Use immersion blender very briefly blend together, but you don't want to puree it - just a real quick thing
- Bring to boil and then reduce heat to low and simmer, covered for an hour or so.
- Add the kale at the end with about 5 minutes left.